Frequently Asked Questions
- Referral Program
Ordering show all
- What is the minimum order quantity?There is no minimum quantity requirement for placing an order of embroidered apparel or accessories. For orders of fewer than 4 embroidered items, however, there is a $19.95 small order processing fee. All tiered priced items with quantity discounts based on order size, including promotional products (our Pens, Mugs, & More categories) and Printed Apparel do have minimum order requirements. Promotional Products, or "Hard Goods," will be notated on each style for any minimum order requirements. Screen printed apparel or accessories require a 24-piece minimum order. If you have any questions about minimum ordering quantities, pricing, or anything else, please call us at 800-847-4478.
- Do I have to order all items of the same style, color, and size?Not at all! Feel free to mix and match among the items on our website. Try different styles, sizes, and colors. Have some fun. You want to order one of every color? No problem. Just fill out the quantity of each item and add it to your shopping cart.
- Do you still have my logo on file?Yes, we keep your logo on file for you so it's easy for you to place your next order. Before checking out, you will even be able to confirm the colors of your logo on each item you've added to your shopping cart (even if you've never ordered it before!) If your logo does not show up in our Logo Design Studio, please continue with your order and let us know. We will upload your logo within 24 hours.
Shipping/Delivery show all
- How will you ship my order?Most orders will be sent via UPS Ground service. Since this carrier will not ship to a PO Box, we ask that you provide us with a street address. We expect your package will reach you within 3 to 4 days of shipping. The smallest orders, usually of 2 pieces or less, will ship via UPS using their Mail Innovations service. These orders can be tracked using your order number on their website.
- What is the price for Shipping & Handling?Shipping and handling fees are based on the size of your order. To learn more about the shipping fees, please visit the Shipping Info section of our website.
- Can I have my order ship to a different address from my billing address?Certainly! When you place your order, just let us know where you would like us to ship it.
- Do you ship outside the United States?Yes, we ship anywhere on the planet! For orders outside the U.S., Shipping & Handling fees are dependent on the shipping address and the weight of the package. We ship via UPS UPS Worldwide Expedited® service. Exact shipping fees will not be known until the order is processed, weighed and ready to ship. The shipping fees will be charged separately after your order has shipped and we have the exact cost.
- How long will it take to receive my order?It usually takes about 5 to 10 business days to ship your order. Sometimes, however, it takes more time. If you need your order sooner than that, we can usually work it out. Give us a call and, if possible, we'll make your deadline our deadline.
- How and when do I pay for my order?We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover credit cards, as well as checkout via Amazon payments. Because we are doing custom logo work, we require payment in full when your order is placed.
Logos show all
- How much does it cost to set up a logo for embroidery?If your first logo comes in at under 11,000 stitches, we will define that as a standard size logo. We will set up your first standard size logo for free. Over 95% of our existing customer logos are created with less than 11,000 stitches. The odds are definitely in your favor.
If you're still concerned that the odds could turn against you, at your request via phone or email our Logo Specialists will evaluate your logo at no extra charge. If we discover that you might incur charges we can suggest changes to help make sure that your logo retains its quality without incurring additional fees.
Any of your logos that have already been prepared for embroidery always remain available for your use.
If we set up additional standard sized logos, or your first logo is oversized, the payment for the set up is processed upon order submission and all work is unconditionally guaranteed. Please contact us via email or call us at 800-847-4478 if you have any further questions about submitting a new logo.
- How can I get my logo to you?Whatever is easiest for you! We can accept your logo in a couple of ways:
- Upload it on this website if you are signed in by clicking here.
- Mail (1400 Marstellar Street, ATTN: Logo Services, Wilmington, NC 28401. If you have a customer number, please include it with your logo. If you don't yet have a customer number, please include your first and last name along with your email address. You'd be amazed how many logos we receive without return addresses or any identifying information. While this provides hours of entertainment, it really does slow down the ordering process.
- What type of formats do you accept?We can accept the following file types under 2MB: JPEG, JPG, GIF, PDF, BMP, EPS, PSD, and AI.
If your logo is not available in any of these digital formats, don't panic. Send us your business card, send us a photo of the side of your truck, send us a box of cookies with your logo on it. (We'd prefer the box to be full of chocolate chip cookies, please.). We'll work to transform your logo into an embroidered work of art no matter what format it is in.
- How do I create a screen capture of my logo?All right, let's get technical for a sec. To create a screenshot of any webpage or capture any screen event please follow the step by step instructions below.
On Windows, press the Print Screen or Prnt Scrn key on your keyboard, found on the upper right (this key will capture the entire screen). Or to capture only the active window press Alt + Print Screen. On Macs, press Command + Shift + 3.
Open up the paint program on your computer: you can use virtually any paint program (including Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, Corel PhotoPaint, or Microsoft Paint) usually found through Start>Programs>Accessories>Paint.
In the paint program select File>New, then Edit>Paste. Pretty simple, right? Your screen capture is now ready to be cropped or scaled. Once you have created the screen capture save the file (note where you saved it) and then upload the file to our website.
- How much does it cost to have my logo embroidered onto the items in my order?Embroidered logos that consist of fewer than 11,000 stitches are included in the product price. To embroider logos greater than 11,000 stitches, we do charge an Extended Run Fee for the increased amount of time it takes to sew the logo. Listed below are our Extended Run Fees and Setup Fees, based on logo stitch count. If your logo has more than 11,000 stitches, don't worry, we might be able to help you out! (Setup Fee applies only when a new logo is submitted.)
* Waived for first-time customers
Stiches Charge Per Piece Setup Fee 0-11,000 0 $25* 11,001-15,000 $3.75 $50 15,001-20,000 $8.00 $75 20,001-25,000 $12.00 $100 Over 25,000 Quote $150
In many cases the stitch count for a logo can be reduced while still retaining the character and appearance of the logo. A simple logo edit costs $9.95, and a complex edit is $19.95. Our Logo Specialists will be happy to determine in advance if changes to your logo are considered simple or complex.
- Are there any restrictions for the logo?Your embroidered logo cannot be larger than 4" x 4" and no element can be smaller than ¼" in height. We highly recommend that you avoid small text. We have many, many choices for thread color and can incorporate up to nine different colors in one logo! We're happy to make recommendations if you need assistance.
- How much does it cost to change the thread colors on different color shirts?Absolutely nothing! We can use different colors for your logo on each different color shirt if you'd like!
- Why do I have different "logos" with different Logo ID's for my logos that look exactly the same?Shirts, hats, visors and fleece all have unique characteristics that have to be considered in "digitizing", or creating, an embroidery design from your logo. Shirts are flat when they are embroidered, hats embroider across a curved surface, visors also embroider across a curved surface, but have a smaller embroidery area, and fleece, which also lays flat when embroidered, is very thick and often has a lot of surface texture which requires extra compensation in digitizing.
Because of these unique product characteristics we have to create individual embroidery designs with separate Logo ID's for each of these product categories. So while it may appear that several logos in a customer's account will look identical, in fact these identical looking logos are digitized very differently and each product type needs to be embroidered in a separate embroidery run.
That is why we have short run fees based on the Logo ID. We run 6 head embroidery machines, and it is very expensive to set up and run a machine for less than 4 items. Please let us know if this isn't 100% clear and we will do our best to explain it better!
- What is a Logo ID and what is a Logo Type?A Logo ID is a unique number assigned to an embroidery design created to be used on a specific product category. We call our product categories Logo Types and they are: embroidered apparel, hats, visors, and Fleece.
Shirts, hats, visors and fleece all have unique characteristics that have to be considered in "digitizing", or creating, an embroidery design from your logo. Shirts are flat when they are embroidered, hats embroider across a curved surface, visors also embroider across a curved surface, but have a smaller embroidery area, and fleece, which also lays flat when embroidered, is very thick and often has a lot of surface texture which requires extra compensation in digitizing.
Because of these unique product characteristics we have to create individual embroidery designs with separate Logo ID's for each of these product categories. So while it may appear that several logos in a customer's account will look identical, in fact these identical looking logos are digitized very differently, and each product type needs to be embroidered in a separate embroidery run.!
Colors show all
- Can I order different colors or do all the items have to be the same color?You may mix colors however you choose! You can even try one of each color if you want! As you checkout, use the Logo Design Studio to tell us exactly what colors you want in your logo for each garment color you have in your shopping cart. If you're not sure, you can always have our experienced Logo Specialists choose the colors for you.
- What type of formats do you accept?Accepted file types: AI, EPS, PDF, JPG, PNG, BMP, PSD. If we can read it, we can use it. If your logo is not available in any of these digital formats, don't panic. Send us your business card, send us a photo of the side of your truck, send us a box of cookies with your logo taped to it. (We'd prefer chocolate chip, please.). We'll work to transform your logo into an embroidered work of art no matter what format it is in.
- Are Queensboro polos true to size?Queensboro polos are generously cut for comfort and style. In the world of fashion, size has always been more of an art than a science. Many people wear more than one size. If you're not sure, refer to the product's size chart. "Relaxed" styles tend to a more roomy, comfortable fit in your size. "Classic" styles will fit closer to the body.
- What sizes do Queensboro Polos come in?Men's polos generally come in Medium, Large, XLarge, & XXLarge. Women's polos generally come in Small, Medium, Large, & XLarge. Of course, there are always exceptions to the rule.
- Do you have Women's sizes?We have several styles which come in women's sizes. We carry women's polos with women's styling (left-handed placket) like our Women's Fine Pima Jersey Polo or the Y-placket of the Women's 100% Peruvian Pima Pique. Don't forget you can review all of our styles for the women on your team at once. We have more women's styles and sizes today than ever!
Referral Program show all
- Can I receive credit for referring someone to Queensboro?For every customer you refer (they must complete an order), you can earn a $20 merchandise credit to be used on future orders!
To use your credit, just place an order and we'll apply any credits you may have on your account automatically. You may use more than one credit per order as long as your credits do not add up to more than the merchandise total. Also, you must use the full amount of each credit. The referral credits apply only to the merchandise total of your order. Tax and shipping charges will still be calculated separately.
For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Returns show all
- How do I return or exchange items?Please review our GUARANTEED PERFECT policy. If your order is not perfect, we have not done our job!
Fabric/Materials show all
- What is an Anionic Energy Plus®?Anionic Energy Plus® is a patented process (US patent numbers 7,896,928 B2, 8,292,970 B1, Southern Textile Research Associates, STRA, LLC) that reacts with the cotton or polyester fiber in the fabric to create a permanent Anionic (negative) charge on the shirt fabric. When this fabric comes in contact with the body, this Anionic charge is transferred to the moisture in the body (essentially the water which is the primary component of blood) which can enhance oxygen absorption as the blood travels through the lungs. Tests have shown great benefits from contact with Anionic fabrics, including increased energy, better moods, arthritis relief, allergy relief, better sleep, quicker muscle recovery and an overall enhanced feeling of well-being.
It's quite possible that your question is on our Less Frequently Asked Questions list. When you've been around since 1982, and encourage customer interaction, your LFAQ can get pretty long. Please contact us or give us a call at (800) 847-4478, and our friendly staff will be happy to research the answer for you.